When was the last time you laughed? Like hard core, belly, almost pee your pants laughed? If you can’t remember I challenge you to think about the company you keep and find a crowd that causes the above mentioned kind of laughter. Why? Many reasons, but the first is because today is National Let’s Laugh Day!
Here are the other reasons why you should spend time with people that make you laugh. According to the Mayo Clinic the short term and long term benefits are that laughter can lighten your load mentally and it can actually induce physical changes in your body. It can also:
- A laugh fires up and cools down your stress responses and it can increase your heart rate and blood pressure. The result? A good, relaxed feeling.
- Laughter can also stimulate circulation and aid muscle relaxation.
- Relieve pain-Laughter produces natural pain killers.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Last, but not least, laughing burns calories.
If you don’t spend time with a fun crowd here are some tips for getting in a good laugh each day.
- Read the good old funny pages.
- Watch YouTube videos about cats and cucumbers. I love this one!
- Look up some funny memes
- Pull up some comedians on YouTube
What makes you laugh? Any favorite jokes that you like to tell?